Green Thumb Theatre offers a rental subsidy for facility rentals to non-profit organizations, co-operatives, and
individuals that meet the Green Thumb Theatre's rental subsidy guidelines. Rental subsidy requests are accepted every 4 months, and applicants will be notified 5 business days after the deadline.
Please review the new guidelines below and if eligible, fill out the request form.
Thank you for your interest in Green Thumb Theatre Studios.
If you are a Joyce-Collingwood community member looking for
space, please contact the office directly at 604-254-4055
*NEW* Subsidy Guidelines and Intake Dates
Intake deadlines for the start date of your rental request
Start date between November 1st 2018 - February 28th 2019 – Deadline to apply October 1st 2018 Start date between March 1st 2019 – July 31st 2019 – Deadline to apply February 1st 2019
Start date between August 1st 2019 – October 31st 2019 – Deadline to apply July 1st 2019 Start date between November 1st 2019 – February 31st 2020 – Deadline to apply October 1st 2019
All requests will be reviewed on the deadline provided, results will be emailed within 5 business days of the deadline.
All subsidy requests are subject to approval and availability. Even if you have been approved for a subsidy in the past, there is no guarantee that we will be able to grant all future requests.
If your request is for a time slot before October 31st 2018, please submit your application at any time.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
*NEW* Subsidy Guidelines
• Applicant must become a member of Green Thumb Theatre Players Society and have no overdue rent or member dues. Memberships are $20.00 and not expire.
• Applicant must request between 25 and 100 hours per project, to be used between July 1st and June 30th of the calendar year. Approved hours will not be carried over to the next season.
*Grantees may not receive all hours requested on their application
*Grantees will NOT be able to apply hours to bookings made prior to the grant notification.
*Hours are not transferable to other companies or individuals.
•Applicant may NOT use the space for revenue-generating, non-mission-related activities.
• Grantees are eligible to receive subsidized space seven days a week, between 9am-10pm at 5560 McKinnon Street, in Studio A and/or B. Grantees must sign and adhere to the Green Thumb Rental Agreement and all conditions wherein. A key and damage deposit will be required.
• The Client is required to obtain general liability and property damage insurance for the duration of the rental in respect of the Rental Space and the building in which the Rental Space is situated with a combined limit of no less than $2,000,000 per occurrence, and will name Green Thumb Players Society and Green Thumb Theatre as additional insured. The Client must provide Green Thumb Theatre with a copy of the insurance certificate on or before the rental start date. Green Thumb’s mailing address is
5522 McKinnon St. Vancouver B.C. V5R 0B6. While the rehearsal halls are at
5560 McKinnon St. Vancouver B.C. V5R 0B6.
• Grantees wishing to cancel a reservation must do so at least three business days in advance, or those hours will be forfeited. All hours unused by the end of the grant period will also be forfeited.
• Grantees may request timeslots in either Studio A or B. While Green Thumb Theatre will try to accommodate all requests, studios are subject to availability. Tables & chairs will be available at facilities. Digital piano may be available, subject to availability.
• There is no storage available in the Studio building.
• Due to the layout of the facilities, certain noise and capacity restrictions might apply. Green Thumb Theatre reserves the right to restrict space use, especially for rehearsals and programs that involve dance, excessive noise or occupancy, or the use of musical instruments in excess of the piano provided.
*Grantees MUST confirm with facilities staff prior to booking that the desired studio can support work that involves musical instruments, loud noise, music, amplified voices or sound equipment.
Green Thumb reserves the right to change the times of the subsidy rentals up to 24 hours before the subsidy rental is to begin.
Priority is given to paid renters.
For questions regarding the grant application and process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental Subsidy Application Form
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.