JOB POSTING | Tour & Company Manager
Full Time Permanent Position
Application Deadline: Friday, March 11, 2022 at 11:59 PM PST
Posted: February 16, 2022
Green Thumb's offices and rehearsal halls are located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. As a touring company, we are grateful to tour our work throughout the traditional homelands of most of the Indigenous Nations and cultures across British Columbia and beyond.
Green Thumb Theatre is seeking an enthusiastic, personable and results driven Tour & Company Manager to join the Green Thumb team! This is a full time permanent position. Standard office hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Please note, the Tour & Company Manager may be expected to work some evenings and weekends and travel out of town for showcase and sales conferences.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Green Thumb has strict protocols in place to protect its employees and community at large. All Green Thumb COVID-19 protocols are reviewed and updated regularly to reflect the current Public Health Orders. To learn more, please visit https://www.greenthumb.bc.ca/covid-19
About the Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Tour & Company Manager is responsible for the promotion and sales of all Green Thumb touring school shows, all tour logistical planning and any ancillary activities related to those accountabilities.
The Tour & Company Manager works collaboratively with other Green Thumb staff members: with the Artistic Director and General Manager on tour strategy, the General Manager to approve all print and other sales material and strategies, and outreach and marketing staff to align annual tour strategies and design look with society outreach activities.
The Tour & Company Manager provides professional support to the Artistic Director, General Manager and Board of Directors and acts as an advocate of Green Thumb Theatre to arts professionals, various stakeholders and the community at large. The Tour & Company Manager must be an enthusiastic team player and must be comfortable making sales phone calls to both new and existing school and venue contacts, with a strong focus on building relationships with educators, administrators and venue managers.
· Post-secondary training or equivalent professional experience in theatre production, arts administration, and/or event management
· Demonstrated ability and experience in overseeing the work of others
· Sales and customer service experience
· Comfortable and able to perform front line sales and represent Green Thumb at sales and showcase events
· Strong communicator, written and orally
· Positive attitude and professional demeanor
· Strong work ethic and passion for live theatre for youth which focuses on social justice
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required as well as some familiarity with Sumac, or other Customer Relationship Management database software an asset
· Strong sense of initiative and problem-solving skills
· Ability to develop methods to disseminate information about the tour to the appropriate staff in an organized, accessible fashion
· Availability to manage the responsibilities of the position on an on-call basis during certain peak times of the touring season
· Knowledge and working understanding of the Canadian Theatre Agreement (CTA) as well as other associations relating to theatre production and respective union contracts is an asset
· Ability to work independently, and also manage members of the touring team
· Highly organized nature, with a keen sense of the importance of updating schedules and records
· A commitment to Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racism
· A valid driver’s license is an asset
$40,000-45,000 per annum commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package available after 3-months of employment
To apply please submit your resume or CV and cover letter (both as PDF) to email@example.com with the subject line “Tour and Company Manager – Your Name”, with files saved as YOURNAME_CV and YOURNAME_TCM
Please include in your cover letter any relevant experiences you may have, work or lived, that would benefit your work as Tour & Company Manager.
Applications close March 11, 2022 at 11:59 PM
We thank all those who apply. Due to staff capacity, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For in-person interviews, all candidates will be asked to wear a 3-layer mask* and provide proof of full vaccination** as per Green Thumb’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy with the COVID-19 In-Person Work Policy: https://www.greenthumb.bc.ca/covid-19
*People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt. Some people cannot wear a mask for psychological, behavioral or health conditions.
**People who are unable to receive the vaccine for bona fide reasons protected by the BC Human Rights Code are exempt.
Green Thumb Theatre is actively seeking to dismantle inequity in the theatre sector, and committed to furthering access, inclusion, and equity in our work. Green Thumb Theatre is committed to anti-racist practices and knowledge sharing. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other communities facing systemic marginalization, and welcome members of those communities to self-identify as they feel comfortable. Green Thumb also recognizes that artists, employees, and contractors are informed by all facets of their identities. We welcome applicants to inform us of their pronouns if they wish, and to include details about how their identity informs their practice and needs as they see fit. All Green Thumb staff, contractors and volunteers will be asked to sign off on Green Thumb’s Anti-Oppression and Anti-Harassment Policy. This can be found at https://www.greenthumb.bc.ca/resources/anti-oppression-anti-harrassment-policy
About Green Thumb Theatre:
Green Thumb Theatre is a force within the field of theatre for young audiences, not only in British Columbia, but across the country and throughout the world. Green Thumb Theatre creates, produces, and tours plays that explore social issues relevant to the lives of children, youth and young adults. We provide theatre that celebrates the language and stories of today’s generation and culture to stimulate empathy, debate and critical thinking. www.greenthumb.bc.ca
February 16, 2022