What a year!
2021 has been busy year for Green Thumb, and that we have a lot of people to thank for joining us as we dove into new projects and initiatives.
Thank you to the audiences, artists, administrators, volunteers, funders, and individual donors who have made this year possible.
We have a lot more in store for 2022!
If you would like to support Green Thumb as we get back on the road to create and deliver theatre to young audiences please visit: https://www.greenthumb.bc.ca/support/donate
Wishing you a happy and healthy start to 2022!
A FEW 2021 HIGHLIGHTS:
TOP (L – R)
• Rachel Aberle begins as Green Thumb’s third Artistic Director.
• Production Manager Ruth Bruhn and Assistant Production Manager Siobhan Powell in rehearsal for the livestream presentation of STILL/FALLING by Rachel Aberle.
• Actor Lisa Baran in the livestream of STILL/FALLING by Rachel Aberle, delivered to BC secondary schools during National Mental Health Week with post-show discussions in partnership with Anxiety Canada. Set by Ken MacDonald. Lighting by John Webber. Photo by Sarah Race Photography.
MIDDLE (L – R)
• Melissa McCowell holding the first copy of the CELESTIAL BEING Colouring Book, adapted from the stage play by Dave Deveau, with illustrations by Cecil Ward. Delivered to more than 20,000 students in more than 20 school districts across BC.
• Pilot launch of our Playwrights’ Gym program. 2021 participants: Issiah Bull Bear, Ashley Cook, Alisha Davidson, Laura Anne Harris, Hannah Johnson, Katie Voravong.
• MISADVENTURE AT THE LIGHTHOUSE partnership with BC Summer Reading Club to deliver a new mystery play by Michele Riml and Michael St. John Smith to young people through libraries across BC, inviting them to finish the story.This project culminated in an online live-reading event, featuring three alternative endings submitted by young people, with 12 of Vancouver's most celebrated actors.
BOTTOM (L – R)
• Chirag Naik in the livestream presentation of CRANKED by Michael P. Northey, delivered to BC secondary schools. Lighting by Jacob Wan. Set by Justus Hayes. Photo by Sarah Race Photography.
• Colouring Book adaptation of WHAT IF by Katey Hoffman. Illustrations by Cecil Ward. Copies are being distributed to elementary schools in January 2022.
• Pamela Carolina Martinez during a post-show Q & A session for elementary school production, LIKE IT OR NOT by Katey Hoffman - our first in-person performance since early 2020! Set and props by Kimira Reddy and assisted by Elliot Roberts. Costumes by Donnie Tejani. Photo by Emily Cooper.
December 17, 2021