JOB POSTING | Administrative Coordinator
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager
Duration: Permanent, 3 days per week
Remuneration: Salary, $22,500 to $24,025 per annum. Upon completion of a three-month probation period, the Administrative Coordinator is eligible to enroll in the Extended Benefit Plan.
Location: Green Thumb Theatre Office, Studios.
Deadline: July 31, 2023
Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Coordinator is primarily responsible for the administrative support of Green Thumb Theatre’s operations, providing support to the Touring & Company Manager, and Production & Facilities Manager, under the direction of the General Manager.
This is a perfect entry-level position for someone interested in learning more about administrative operations in an arts and culture setting.
This is a 3 days/week, in-person position. Must be able to work Tuesdays.
In collaboration with the Artistic Director, under the direction of the General Manager
- Point of contact for the organization’s general email inboxes
- Maintain office supplies and support the maintenance of an orderly administrative space
- Provide support for Black History Matters bookings, including: facilitating bookings, organizing letters of support, distributing tech riders and cancellation policy to schools, confirming dates, and invoicing
- Coordinates auditions and callbacks, as required
- Perform Criminal Record Checks, as required
- Support CADAC statistical compilation and entry, as required
- Prepare and post all job, audition, and call-for-submission postings to the website and relevant platforms, as required
- Website updates, as required
In collaboration with the Tour & Company Manager, under the direction of the General Manager
- Support the Tour & Company Manager to create, update, and distribute tour schedules (including workshops)
- Book accommodations for company members in accordance with tour schedules
- Post-show survey distribution and data collection
- Respond to and archive fan mail/show responses
- Enter data from show reports into Sumac
- On an ongoing basis, maintain and update the school and school contact information database in Sumac
- Archive show reports
- Support seasonal mailout activities
- Provide sales support for Workshops, as required
- Following up on pre-show emails, as required
- Prepare Tour Pages and pre-show documents, as required
In collaboration with the Production & Facilities Manager, under the direction of the General Manager
- Assist the Production & Facility Manager in getting the studios ready for rentals (arranging tables and chairs, changing lightbulbs, etc.)
- Prepare rental contracts for approved rentals with the information provided by the Production & Facilities Manager
- Program FOBs for rentals and assist with new renter onboarding
- Supporting venue tours, as required
Other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral,
- Comprehensive proficiency in working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software/program
- Experience with contracts and invoicing
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Must be familiar with the local and Provincial performing arts ecology
- Experience working in a non-for-profit environment
- Experience working with the Canadian Theatre Agreement (CTA)
- Experience with Sumac (our in-house CRM) is preferred, but experience with a similar program would be considered an asset
- Experience working with Canva or a similar program
- Experience managing website content and updates
- Experience with Canadian Actor Equity Agreements
How to apply
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and resume to careers [@] greenthumb.bc.ca. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Contact Name: Shannon Maung
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 254-4055
Green Thumb Theatre is actively seeking to dismantle inequity in the theatre sector, and to furthering principles of access, inclusion, and equity in our work. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals, and welcome members of those communities to self-identify as they feel comfortable. Green Thumb also recognizes that artists and contractors are informed by all facets of their identities. We welcome applicants to inform us of their pronouns if they wish, and to include details about how their identity informs their practice and needs as they see fit.
About Green Thumb Theatre
Green Thumb Theatre is a force within the field of theatre for young audiences, not only in British Columbia but across the country and throughout the world. Green Thumb Theatre creates, produces, and tours plays that explore social issues relevant to the lives of children, youth, and young adults. We provide theatre that celebrates the language and stories of today’s generation and culture to stimulate empathy, debate and critical thinking. www.greenthumb.bc.ca
Green Thumb Theatre’s offices are located in the city currently known as “Vancouver”, on the traditional, unceded, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
July 13, 2023